Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Blessings to you



Wishing all my peeps a very Blessed Easter full of all the love and hope
and peace offered to us from our Risen Savior 
 
Hope your Easter was full of blessings!!!
 
We spent the afternoon with the grandchildren.  Always feel so blessed and loved when they are near.
Last night while the DH was watching the Ten Commandments as is his Easter tradition , I got the PMQG medallion April addition done.  It continued to be a struggle envisioning the right placement of colors but I like the result.


The idea is to make the center look like a heart.  Next month hopefully I will find a way to make the bottom of the heart come to a point.  Can you see where I am working the pink in the center into a heart?  The only thing I wish I had done differently is to make the one light X a darker value.  It seems to be calling out to be a yellow instead of pale violet.  It was one of the earlier ones I made and thought to make more lighter ones but the darker ones really were more eye catching so I kept working with the darker values.  I should have tossed it out but with so many flubs of color and re-dos I just couldn't bring myself to do it.  I should have taken a picture of it before I sewed it all together because the instant I viewed the picture I knew the light X was a total mistake...to redo it would be a huge undertaking. Yikes what to do.  At this point I am making a pincushion for the swap at the meeting on Thursday and don't really want to rip this thing apart.  Maybe it is something I will decide to do next month.
One way or the other I will just Keep Stitchin' 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! It makes my day when you leave a comment. Please feel free to ask a question or drop a note anytime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...