Sunday, May 20, 2012

Yeah Good Luck has come my way lately
I recently won a free book from Lynn @ KS DesignGirls.  She was offering a few different items and one of them was a book I saw a few years back but never picked up a copy.   I am so glad to have won a copy from her.  Thank You so much Lynn!!!  Here is a look at my lucky loot and of course, I had to make a cookie right away from the book.  I chose to start with the Oregon Trail Peanut Butter Cookies.  How could I not when I live so close to the Oregon Trail myself.  I must report they are simply the best peanut butter cookies I have ever made or even had before.  A couple of the  patterns in the book are actually ones I've seen in quilt magazines in the past and they are ones I've earmarked to make someday.  The one I especially would like to make is the climbing rose quilt ( which to me are obviously tulips---go figure ). I suppose they could be rosebuds but I think of them as tulips.  Alas there are too many quilts on my bucket list and so little time....
This win was quickly followed by another soon afterward and as soon as I receive it I will  share with you my good fortune.  Let us just say I think a swoon quilt is in my near future. I am going to have to start pondering what I can put together soon as a giveaway myself to spread the love. xxoo

In closing I want to share a quote from my work week.  Each morning the computer gives us an inspirational quote and this one just fit my quilt life to a tee.

"For anything worth having one must pay the price; and the price is always work, patience, love, self-sacrifice"
                                                                     --- John Burrough

I immediately thought of all the love and work that goes into a project that I graciously give away as gifts to love ones.  But I also want to thank all of my fellow blogger friends who so graciously give of themselves and of their time and resources.  Thanks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! It makes my day when you leave a comment. Please feel free to ask a question or drop a note anytime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...