Sunday, June 3, 2012

I've been busy in the sewing room this weekend and will show you what I've been up to in the next few days. I will have a lot of explaining to do. How come I never have enough time in my day to get around to all I need to get done?  I do want to mention that along with all my other things to get done in the quilt room I now have another project in the waiting line.  During the last quilt blog hop I also won a pattern for a Goldilocks and the three bears pattern which is stunning.  I look forward to making this quilt for the next little girl to come into a my circle of friends.  You can see the project I'm talking about at Bubblestitch Quilts.  Cyrille has a great talent for designing some wonderful quilts and blocks that are paper pieced.  I can't wait to start picking out fabrics for this beauty.  She also has an adorable Red Riding Hood set of patterns and a nice deer and bear that I'll have to find time for also.
Right now I have to find time to finish a Zig Zag quilt I threw together last weekend for my great-great nephew arriving in July.  Grayson will be the first boy born in my family for 44 years so we are all looking forward to greeting this little guy.  Here is a sneak peek at the top:

This is a gorgeous picture but as you can see the quilt top is upside down. Just imagine it flipped around so the boats aren't standing on their tops.  I chose all nautical prints and since his due date is July 10th the red, white and blue may be very appropriate as well.
Keep Stitching,

2 comments:

  1. Very nice and congrats early on the expected new arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My birthday is July 10 - $th of July is my fav holiday because I thought the fireworks were for me.
    The quilt is darling. I am just getting started on a quilt for my GS who has a birthday in August. I am using the 10 little things line - I won a layer cake stack so can't wait to get started.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! It makes my day when you leave a comment. Please feel free to ask a question or drop a note anytime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...