Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Fall Mug Rug Swap

I love taking part in the swaps that Mishka at the Quilting Gallery puts together during the year and mug rugs are one of my favorites.  They are just the right size to commit to in a short time frame and I love having them fill my home and be a reminder of the person who lovingly created them for me.  This one was especially nice to do because unlike ones she has had us do in the past we were free to create what we wanted for our partners instead of using a common pattern.

I love a good challenge and making a new friend in the process is always so much fun!!!
My partner was from down under and it was fun because her part of the world was coming into Spring as mine was coming into Fall.  It was fun to compare the differences.  Nanette was a delight to get to know and both of us hope to keep in touch in the future which makes it all the better!

I love my mug rugs she sent :)

How did she know I love this maple leaf pattern and have always wanted to make one but have never taken the time to do it???  Love the Batik leaf fabric she included to.  She quilted in the perfect spot to set my coffee cup on the side of both of them so I can view her block without covering up how adorable they are! I love that she signed the second one, it warms my heart when I use them just knowing I have a new friend from down under.  
Thank you so much, Nanette!!!

I've been frantic because Nanette hadn't gotten mine yet... but she just let me know they finally arrived and it seemed appropriate because today is my birthday and it was such a relief that they arrived safely that the news of their arrival feels like a perfectly timed present.
Nanette shared that she worked for years fighting fires although now she works just in the shed (fire station).  I thought she needed a fire truck fighting a burning bush ( I know my bush is the size of a whooping huge tree) and then decided a quilt shop filled with fall fabrics would be a great choice also.  I had a great time with this swap and it has definitely rekindled my love of swaps so I think I will have to do more of them in the coming New Year. Nanette was ecstatic with them and wants to hang them in her sewing room.  I am very glad she fell in love with the pair of them :) 

Blog Hop Party with Give-Aways
The Quilting Gallery is hosting a Giving Thanks Blog Hop party starting tomorrow and running through
Nov 26th and I am participating because I am so thankful for so many things in my life that I couldn't resist sharing some quilty fabric love!!!  Be sure to hop on over here to check out the details tomorrow.

Keep Stitchin'

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!! It makes my day when you leave a comment. Please feel free to ask a question or drop a note anytime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...