Sunday, August 5, 2012

Polaroid Picture Perfect Swap
Putting these blocks together was a lot of fun and very easy.  I enjoyed looking thru my stash and finding fabrics that would be great pictures.  I found some troll fabric scraps that I had made a pair of shorts out of for my daughter when she was about 4 years old and now she's 25. Wow that has been hanging around a long time and it is so picture perfect in the block. I love it. Sending them off tomorrow and then Debbie over at A Quilter's Table is going to be busy this month collecting the blocks from 72 swappers from around the globe and sending us back the same amount we are sending her ( minus a few we're sending as a hostess gift to her) Looking forward to that surprise package in time for a new fall project.  Here is what I'm sending out.

Aren't the trolls adorable???


The animals on the green background are a Japanese fabric
I picked up at a quilt show this spring. I wasn't sure what to
do with this fat quarter.  They made sweet Polaroid blocks.
Plus I have enough left to make a few for me to keep.



In case you were wondering why I haven't trimmed them to a finished size, Debbie is
having us all trim them after we receive them back.  This is the first time I have used
a Kona solid and I can't  believe how badly it frays.  Good thing we will be doing a little trimming later on.
Hoping whatever project you are currently working on is bringing you joy!!!




1 comment:

  1. Cute, cute. And I so agree about the fraying. I haven't decided whether the Kona or the Bella solids fray more but it is equally fustrating.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! It makes my day when you leave a comment. Please feel free to ask a question or drop a note anytime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...