Here is what arrived for a visit:
Plus these goodies
Below is what is I am permanently adopting into my stash:
I figure with the grand child on the way the bib pattern and taggies will be put to good use soon. I took a couple black prints and some browns. It equaled two and a third yards. The three measuring tapes will make good swap treats in the coming months.
Here is what I added back into the box:
A couple patterns, 3 zippers and some cute novelty prints. I am also adding in 20 - 6 1/2 inch nine patch blocks that can be made into a baby quilt rather quickly. Here is a pic of them:
If you would like a visit with the Two Sisters Box and a chance to adopt any of the things in the box just leave a comment on this post and Mr Random will choose a winner Thursday April 19th. I will contact the winner and send the package out promptly.
Be sure to check out the rules and agree to adhere so that all can enjoy the next visit with the traveling stash.
- Be an active blogger. Post about receiving and the giveaway on your blog in a timely manner.
- There is a note in the box that logs where the box has been. Please add your info and place the note back in the box.
- There is a list of Rules and Guidelines in the box. Please read and follow these and return the list to the box.
- You may take anything you like from the box. Just replace every item with comparable quilt shop quality items equal to the amount taken. See guidelines below.
- Ship the box to the next person in a reasonable amount of time.
- Due to the amount of postage shipping is only within the USA.
The definition of a stash is a secret store of valuables. For quilters it's a collection of usable quality products. The stash should contain mostly fabric with a few patterns and/or books and other items.
- FABRIC: Should be quilt shop quality in new condition. Scraps should only be included if they are cut for adding to a collection and packaged accordingly (i.e. I-Spy squares, postage stamp squares, etc.). There should not be anything under a Fat Quarter unless packaged like this.
- PATTERNS/BOOKS: Should be in new or gently used condition. They should be kept to a minimum (books are bulky and add weight).
- OTHER ITEMS: Should be in new or gently used condition. Tools, notions, etc. These items should be packaged if necessary.
- If you receive a box with anything that is of "poor" condition you should not feel guilty in tossing it out.
- Only put items in the box that you would be proud to own. The box is NOT a dumping place for all your outdated unwanted items.
- Items should be free of smoke and pet hairs.
- You must replace items you take with the same quantity of like-kind items. Replacing more than you take is always welcome. :)