Sunday, February 16, 2014

Some progress

Most of this weekend was spent making progress learning to navigate my way around in the new Windows 8.1 platform on the new computer.  I learned quite a bit but continue to be a little frustrated with how to close the windows out and get back to where I want to be.  In time, I am sure to conquer new features like Skydrive or the Cloud, but the inability to get back to where you just were a second ago definitely makes the process harder.  I do believe in Microsoft so I think over time updates will make it easier to navigate around in this new platform.  But for now it is time to get back to sewing.

Especially since February is more than half over now and little progress is being made on my February goal for a Lovely Year of Finishes.  Today is the first I even got to play with the layout for my quilt top.  My grand-daughter's birthday was last weekend, but our snow storm kept the party from happening, so today was about celebrating her 6th birthday.  Kiara is the light of our lives and it was great to help her celebrate her special day.

Once we got back home, I needed to spend a little time working on this project's layout for my youngest daughter.  I wasn't sure how I was going to surround the skull but am happy with the layout I came up with. 

Funny when you are looking at the arrangement on the table, it is hard to see the skull, but the minute  I had it in the camera lens it was much clearer to see what I had put together.  Luckily, this time it was a pure.....ahhhh, I like it!!!  I did switch a couple colors around based on what I saw when it was reduced by the camera lens but am very happy with it.  I also had an epiphany when looking at it and that was that I don't have to sew each of these individually together as I had been planning on.  A plan that had me questioning my sanity I might add.  These are two inch squares, which means these would be a major pain to get each row to match up and I can be hard on myself and had figured I had just better learn to let the thought of perfection go...

But then I remembered I could iron each of these onto a Pellon fusible grid sheet and sew them together by rows and then switch directions and sew the rows the opposite that is the new plan.  I even surprised myself by having a large enough piece of the fusible to get started on it right away.

So that is what I will get too...after a night of American Idol and the Olympics...

Keep Stitchin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! It makes my day when you leave a comment. Please feel free to ask a question or drop a note anytime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...