Thursday, September 18, 2014

PMQG Medallion Progress

Wowwza this thing is getting big.  It is now 60 1/2 inches by 60 1/2 inches square.  I have always thought square quilts are a duck of a different color.  I wonder what the point of a large square quilt is???  It would be odd to turn this square medallion into a rectangle at the last minute so it will remain square.  It has such symmetry it will need to be square but it still seems a bit odd to me.  Have you ever made a large square quilt before?  This is a first for me but as it is something that the whole group of modern quilters at Portland Modern Quilt Guild are doing, I am going to assume it is going to be okay and not just plain weird having such a large square quilt.  I guess it will make a great picnic blanket, right???

Better start planning a darker background for the back of this quilt if that is it's future.

Anyhoo now that I have that off my chest here is a peak at my top as of today.  I am finally caught up on it.  Really like how it is coming together.  I think it certainly does have a bit of the modern look in it.  Loving the black and white.  Heck loving it all!!!


My quilt model was a little too short and her arms just way too short but you get the gist of it and I am lucky to have gotten a clear picture at all since she couldn't stop laughing.

Keep Stitchin'

2 comments:

  1. That looks wonderful. I've always felt the same way about square quilts, but some of them just need to be square!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooove this! I really like how the heart in the center pops. I've made several 60 inch square quilts. I find them to be the perfect lap size quilt for lounging on the couch with a good book or movie watching. They are harder to share, but I always want the quilt to be just for me anyway. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! It makes my day when you leave a comment. Please feel free to ask a question or drop a note anytime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...