Sunday, September 14, 2014

Retro Betty

I have the last of the blocks from the Sew Kitschy BOM from Kristy at Quiet Play completed.  I will be linking it up over at her blog as these blocks are all turning out so cute you will want to see them all.  I love her Betty.  I was looking at Pinterest under vintage kitchens this weekend for ideas on how to finish these blocks and might have found something I like that might just work with these blocks.  Here is the last of the series that I just completed this weekend.


My kitchen is brown and greens so this is going to look fantastic in my kitchen when I get it done.  I need to keep the finished wall hanging on the smaller side so it will fit my wall space without having to take down any of my existing pictures but I think it can be done.  The fabric in the picture hanging on Betty's kitchen wall is from one of the charms I recently won from Alida from Tweety Loves Quilting and just seemed perfectly retro for Betty's kitchen!

The blocks are looking so great together so far.  This year I colored in a small version of the layout before even starting this in January and the blocks look so much more cohesive together. Thank you Kristy for letting us see the plan for all the blocks ahead of time!!! I could never have gotten the correct spread of color without it.


Believe it or not I think September is going to see me catch up on all of my BOMs. Hopefully by the end of this week I will be caught up on the PMQG Medallion Along.  Then on to the September block of the Quilt Doodle Doodle and I will be caught up :)

Wishing you all the best week!

Keep Stitchin'

5 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, I didn't recognize the fabric you used for the picture on the wall as one of the charms I sent you! I love when with paper piecing you are able to extract from a more complex print just the perfect piece that complements the rest of your block!!
    And Betty's kitchen and outfit match one of her quilts (the one in your block at the top, under your blog name): I guess that must be her sewing room since there is also her picture on the wall! ;)
    Thanks for linking up at MOP Monday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aewsome! I love the greens, yellow and brown. Now if that is not retro, I don't know what is?! I am curious to see how you finish it off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the greens. this had been a fun BOM. i love seeing what everyone has put in the picture window and of course Betty's Apron lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your Betty turned out! All the blocks look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blocks. Love how you fussy cut the fabric for the canisters. Cute idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! It makes my day when you leave a comment. Please feel free to ask a question or drop a note anytime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...