Monday, October 27, 2014

Big Girl Panties to the rescue

Ok so yesterday I shared my cat block for the October Garden Block designed by Janeen of Quilt Art Designs and noticed a couple mistakes as I was posting it.  I came home tonight from work, put on my Big Girl Panties and set to work fixing my mistakes.  I marked the two offending pieces of fabrics with arrows so you can see what I was not able to let go after all.  Things like that just drive me crazy and it was worth gearing up with the right attitude to fix the mistakes I inadvertently made this weekend.


Here is the block after I fixed my mistakes.  Funny part is I swear it didn't even take me 15 minutes to correct.  Time well spent as I am much happier with the block now.



Isn't that so much better!!!  I am thrilled that my cat no longer has a broken arm.  Now all he needs is a little sleeping eye embroidered on his face and he is perfect!  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a wonderful block! It took me a while to find the mistakes (even with the arrows) but I feel the same way: if I know that something is going to bother me every time I look at the block it's best to spend some time to fix it!! :)
    Thanks for linking up at MOP Monday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....what a difference it makes. I'm glad it was fairly painless. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your block but I just don't know how you can fix a paper pieced block. Maybe the one error close to the edge would be easy, but how did you fix the piece that was supposed to be the bench near the cat's leg? I made a BIG mistake in the middle of a paper pieced block once and I made the whole thing over again. It was for my mom so it was worth the effort to do over. I also made a mistake in the middle of the Sun Flower block in this BOM. I saw it right away when I pinned it up on my design board to admire. Stuck right out, to me. Couple days later I looked at it and couldn't remember where it was :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, that is awesome! The fabrics you used for the cat are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you are too funny! I didn't even notice the mistakes until you drew in the arrows. And I was looking hard! And I own 2 cats so I should really know what their little legs look like. ;) you do amazing work! Lovely even with the mistakes but absolutely perfect with your fixes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! It makes my day when you leave a comment. Please feel free to ask a question or drop a note anytime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...