Sunday, November 2, 2014

More Happily Ever After blocks

I have been putting off completing these last two blocks in the series by Quiet Play's Kristy in her Happily Ever After Pattern Bundle.  I don't know why I put them off so long, they are so simple to put together and I very much enjoyed all the straight lined sections, making it so nice to assemble each block once the sections were completed.  This is a quilt top I am putting together for a baby due November 22nd, so it was time to take it off the back burner and spend some time on it.  I say the baby is due November 22nd but if I get the quilt completed by the time mom completes her 3 month maternity leave from work I will feel like I got it done in time.

The Rapunzel block was first up and I love her long golden locks flowing down the tower wall


The second one, I just completed today was the Sleeping Beauty block.


There are only 8 blocks in this bundle so I have to figure out a layout.  I think I am going to lay them out like the picture below and add the baby's name in the center.  Of course, the baby's name may be too long and then I will have to rethink the center of the quilt, too.  I think I may sash in a white and add a row of bright paper pieced hearts at the top and bottom to add length to the top and make it a rectangle.  I just might just make all the hearts pink to girl it up a touch, not that I would ever think of these blocks as being a quilt for a boy but I know baby's mom is doing her room in all pink so I know she is loving the idea of having her own little princess bundled in lots of pink.


I've put my Quilt Doodle Doodle 2014 BOM blocks and rows together but the weather has not cooperated in getting an outdoor picture of it yet. I'll give it another week or so and then may have to settle for rain and gray skies as here in the Pacific Northwest we just may be in for 7 more months of liquid sunshine.

Keep Stitchin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! It makes my day when you leave a comment. Please feel free to ask a question or drop a note anytime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...