Thursday, January 1, 2015

Planning Ahead

For December, I worked on Carol's block in our round robin group.  It was challenging finding time to work on it but I just sent it on it's way to the next stop on it's journey and I am anxiously awaiting the block I'll be working on this month.  I can't be a spoiler and show you what I added until the swap is over in April but I can share a snippet.  Below is a sampling of the pieces I put together into the 6 blocks I needed to add to the block in December.  Carol's instructions were to only use fabric we already had, so I pulled these from my stash and got to work.  I am enjoying the challenge of deciding what to add each month and can't wait to see Mary's top so I can start scheming again.

 
In the meantime, like most folks I am trying to put my 2015 goals together.  Last year, I wanted to attack my UFO's with a vengeance and conquer at least half of them by participating in the Lovely Year of Finishes and although that worked great for January by February I fell off the UFO wagon.
 
This year, the Portland Modern Quilt Guild is going to have a program that involves a little friendly competition involving finishing our UFO's so hopefully I will be inspired to tackle these hanging projects thru this program.
 
I always say I am going to cut back on BOMs so I can devote myself to other endeavors, this year I am saying it again and so far it seems like I have but I am going to do a couple.
 
1.  I can't resist the Ocean BOM from Quilt Art Design that is designed by Janeen  you can find out more by following the link.  I love her message in the bottle block and this month's turtle will be a great start to a fantastic year again with her patterns.
 
2.  I will be doing the 2015 Skill builder quilt Technicolor Galaxy by Alyssa Lichner from Pile 'O Fabric
3.  I am still working on the Sew Sweet Simplicity BOM by Jacquelynne Steve's The Art of Home

4.  I am still needing to design and make the quilt I have long put off due to the lack of a plan for it,
that I am making for a family member for her graduation gift and I actually think I may have a plan I can wrap my head and heart around so I will need to get started on that soon as it about a year and a half overdue. More on my plans later when I have time to start on it---by February 1st I hope.

5.  I need to finish two baby quilts---one for a girl and one for a boy.  Both are about 50% + done and need to be done my late February and/or March at the latest.

6.  I really want this to be the year I try some Linda Hibbert patterns from Silver Linings Originals.  She has some great patterns that I would love to buy and she finally has them available individually to but so I just need to find some time.  I absolutely love her woodland animals.

7.  I want to make some pillow cushion covers for my deck chairs by summer and some pillows for
our trailer by summer, also.

Plus I am looking for just the right project for my ever growing stash of Kaffe Fassett fabrics.  My awesome daughter expanded by collection for Christmas by adding all these lovelies:

They look like this with all my other Kaffe fabrics I have been collecting.  Aren't they so pretty!!!

 
 
I am eyeing a couple tempting projects for them and hope to start one soon.  I adore her choices..the purples were very much what the stash needed...all her choices reflect my love of color and I can't wait to start playing with them.   I hope you are having fun planning out your new year and all the possibilities it will hold for you.
 
Hugs and best wishes for the New Year,

1 comment:

  1. What a great list of fun projects to keep you busy in 2015. I wonder if it would be possible to do Technicolor Galaxy in Kaffe fabrics. You've got a great rainbow of colours to choose from.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! It makes my day when you leave a comment. Please feel free to ask a question or drop a note anytime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...