In the meantime, like most folks I am trying to put my 2015 goals together. Last year, I wanted to attack my UFO's with a vengeance and conquer at least half of them by participating in the Lovely Year of Finishes and although that worked great for January by February I fell off the UFO wagon.
This year, the Portland Modern Quilt Guild is going to have a program that involves a little friendly competition involving finishing our UFO's so hopefully I will be inspired to tackle these hanging projects thru this program.
I always say I am going to cut back on BOMs so I can devote myself to other endeavors, this year I am saying it again and so far it seems like I have but I am going to do a couple.
1. I can't resist the Ocean BOM from Quilt Art Design that is designed by Janeen you can find out more by following the link. I love her message in the bottle block and this month's turtle will be a great start to a fantastic year again with her patterns.
2. I will be doing the 2015 Skill builder quilt Technicolor Galaxy by Alyssa Lichner from Pile 'O Fabric
3. I am still working on the Sew Sweet Simplicity BOM by Jacquelynne Steve's The Art of Home
4. I am still needing to design and make the quilt I have long put off due to the lack of a plan for it,
that I am making for a family member for her graduation gift and I actually think I may have a plan I can wrap my head and heart around so I will need to get started on that soon as it about a year and a half overdue. More on my plans later when I have time to start on it---by February 1st I hope.
5. I need to finish two baby quilts---one for a girl and one for a boy. Both are about 50% + done and need to be done my late February and/or March at the latest.
6. I really want this to be the year I try some Linda Hibbert patterns from Silver Linings Originals. She has some great patterns that I would love to buy and she finally has them available individually to but so I just need to find some time. I absolutely love her woodland animals.
7. I want to make some pillow cushion covers for my deck chairs by summer and some pillows for
our trailer by summer, also.
Plus I am looking for just the right project for my ever growing stash of Kaffe Fassett fabrics. My awesome daughter expanded by collection for Christmas by adding all these lovelies:
They look like this with all my other Kaffe fabrics I have been collecting. Aren't they so pretty!!!
I am eyeing a couple tempting projects for them and hope to start one soon. I adore her choices..the purples were very much what the stash needed...all her choices reflect my love of color and I can't wait to start playing with them. I hope you are having fun planning out your new year and all the possibilities it will hold for you.
Hugs and best wishes for the New Year,