Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Scrappy Trip

After sitting out a couple of rounds of Julie Hirt's Scrappy Trip Around the World Quilt Bee I decided it was time to participate again.  Of course, Julie's announcement that she would be ending it after a few more rounds this year certainly lit a fire under me to get back to this quilt. I currently have 18 of these blocks from past rounds and am not sure how many or big I am making this quilt but a couple more rounds sound perfect.

The hive I am in this time are speed demons and quickly set to work on their blocks so I decided to join in and get them off the to do list.

Here they are:
For Lee...Loved her color choices
The pink and orange really shine in my Kaffe Fassett fabrics
 

For Jennifer...these are her color choices
 
For Jane...she wanted modern and bright
I must admit I struggled with this one. Most of my moderns are text and not bright.
 
For Sandy...Black and White with a pink center stripe
Love the typewriters and all the text prints
 
For Laurie...Black and White with a red stripe in the center
 
I had a great time picking out the fabrics and putting them together.  Everyone's color choices were so much fun to work with.  I can't wait to get all my blocks. Three of them are made already and look fantastic!!!  Can't wait to put them with my current group and arranging them.

I have been busy over here moving my sewing room from upstairs where I had a 13 by 26 foot area to downstairs where I have a 10 by 10 foot room.  I am also using our sunroom for over flow and set my handiquilt frame up out there that hasn't been in use for over...I don't really know the last time I used it...maybe 6 to 8 years ago.  I never really liked it since I just use my domestic on it but with all the modern quilting embracing straight line and squiggles I thought it was time to give it a shot again.

Keep Stitchin'

1 comment:

  1. Those scrappy trips are fabulous. It would be tough to choose my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! It makes my day when you leave a comment. Please feel free to ask a question or drop a note anytime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...