Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Here is what I was referring to in my last post about my recent applique attempt.  I have been liking small projects that I get to put to use quickly after starting them and these hit the mark at being very quick and easy. Turned out fairly nice. I am most definitely going to make a few more in assorted colors.  I love all things owls and these are adorable.  I found the pattern at Fabric Depot but I think you can find them online to order from Legacy patterns.  Their web address is www.makingalegacy.com  .   I also will be making some more of this next potholder pictured below here.  The pattern was just instructions from a craft warehouse free pattern sheet and I embellished it with a paper pieced bear pattern that I bought from eQuiltpatterns.com for 99 cents.
 I finally finished a WIP this week.  I started these potholders for my daughter about two months ago and instead of finishing them I started new projects.  I have more ideas than time.  I like how they turned out though and am sure she will enjoy them in her new kitchen when she gets to move in. They are pretty simple to make. The red side pictured above is the inside fabric. I have the quilted sides on both the top and bottom.  The original pattern only had you quilt the top side with the 2"x2" squares but I like the look so much I wanted it on both sides.  I found the pattern for free at AllPeopleQuilt.com/582 .

Now that I've finished these I must get started on the baby quilt I've been procrastinating doing for too long now.  The baby is due May 10th so I just can't put it off any longer.  Baby's mom, Brittney requested to have safari animals.  I love to paper piece and can do a nice elephant, girafee and a lion. It's just not a jungle quilt without a monkey and have been wrestling with how to accomplish one that I like.  So after much thought and designing I am going to attempt something new.  Yikes!!!!  I am going to try to put together a flip-stitch -quilt as you go project.  It is also going to feature cuddle fabrics and the animals are going to be a combo paper piece and 3D creation I saw on YouTube. I'll post my progress as I go and hopefully it will be a success. Hope you are enjoying your week and are seeing Spring all around you and in your step!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! It makes my day when you leave a comment. Please feel free to ask a question or drop a note anytime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...