Welcome 2014I always look forward to all the New Year has in store. I've been so busy lately I really haven't had time to make plans for the year ahead. Yep I like to make plans and dare I say resolutions. I may not keep all of them or hit the mark often enough but where would I be if I never gave it a shot. So far I have a short list of to do's
As I get a more concrete plan in place I will be sharing my dream list for 2014. For now I know I want to take part in these events:
1. Sew Kitschy BOM by Quiet Play
2. Quilt Doodle Doodle Mystery BOM
3. In The Garden BOM by Quilt Art Design
This one may be hard to keep up with all my other to-do's but I think it will be worth the headaches
4. Swoon Quilt
I won these fat quarters a couple of years ago from Julie at the Intrepid Thread. I have always known I
wanted to use them in a swoon quilt but wasn't sure what color to use for the background. Today I bought enough Moda Chocolate brown to put it all together. I adore these prints. They are from the Art Gallery line called Rhapsodia and I have enjoyed taking them out and petting them for too long---but you wouldn't blame be if your felt how soft and lovely they are.
5. Kate Spain Charm quilt
I think I might just sash these with some white for a crisp fresh beauty. These are from the Kate Spain Charm swap that Michele from Quilts From My Crayon Box hosted a couple months ago.
6. Watercolor Quilt
I've been wanting to make one of these for a while and never am sure quite what pattern to use. Well, I think I know exactly what I want to make this year out of my watercolor blocks but for now...it will remain a secret...
7. Rebecca's Quilt!!! This one should be at the top of the list. I've been talking about it for a over a year now. I have collected so many fantastic fabrics for it and then changed my mind on the color scheme only to collect a ton more fabrics for it that I need to put this one to rest before it bankrupts me...Just kidding but it has got to get done....
8. Which leads me to thinking I need to join the 2014 Lovely Year of Finishes.
I would like to have the 2013 Quilt Doodle Doodle Quilt top be my January Finish. Right now it looks like this: