Monday, March 31, 2014

Scrappy Trip Blocks

  I love the newest round of Scrappy Blocks I made for my Hive this month.  I hope everyone loves them as much as I do.

Ivana requested low volume prints with the occasional pastel print.  Calling it sweet and low all around.  I recently found this bird print and thought it complemented all the other fabrics perfectly and added to the sweet-a-bility of this block.

Next Salley wanted low volume greys, very pale aquas and a raspberry pink/red as the feature strip.  Here is what I came up with:

I made the mistake of using a strip of noteworthy from a jelly roll.  Mistake that I won't do again. It was just a little shy of the 2 1/2 inch width, but I got it to work.  Hope it will be ok :)

Tricia wanted purple, aqua/teals, gray, and pink.  I really like this one!!!
 
Debbie wanted lime green with blue and yellow.  I had a hard time finding a yellow that I thought looked nice with lime green.  Luckily I found one fabric with a combo I liked.  Overall, I surprisingly ended up liking this one.  Hope Debbie will, too.
 
Our Beekeeper, Mariana requested bright happy colors. No blacks or browns. She likes florals and geometrics and said Have Fun!  Wow...I had the hardest time because the choices were so huge and varied.  Her flickr page showed that previous blocks varied immensely so I finally just let go and put together some fabrics that appealed to me.  I hope she will love it.  One thing I will have to say I love about these scrappy blocks is that when you put them all together, they work so nicely together.  Even though the colors, hues, values, tints are all so widely different they look wonderful together.  I don't think I have ever seen one of the tops put together that I have not loved.  So with that I let go and let faith guide my final decisions.

I will get these posted this week and on their way.  Looking forward to the next round of swaps already. 

Look what I found in my mailbox today:)

This one found it's way to me via Spain.  Thanks so much Mariana.  I love it!!!  My colors are Brown, Green and Blues.  I adore the wide range of fabrics I find in all the blocks I receive.  It is definitely, fun watching all the blocks arrive from all their destinations and seeing my scrappy trip top grow each quarter.

Keep Stitichin'

3 comments:

  1. I love your bird fabric in the first block, and your block for Mariana is awesome! I love all the happy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love all your blocks! I especially like how you fussy cut some of them. One of these days I'm going to try the type of block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great blocks. It will be fun to see yours all together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! It makes my day when you leave a comment. Please feel free to ask a question or drop a note anytime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...