Sunday, March 2, 2014

Cupid Gotcha Good

When I joined the Portland Modern Quilt Guild last month,  one of the first things I wanted to get started on was their 2104 PMQG Medallion Along.  I didn't know exactly what I wanted to do but I knew I wanted it to first be modern and second to 'own' it.  By that I mean, I wanted it to be unique and for me to feel a deep connection to it.

I love what I came up with.  It's been a while since I challenged myself to create a new pattern.  Maybe too long...I have been longing to do something more qreative but have been engrossed in quite a few BOMs and they keep me busy in my spare time.  Designing can be time consuming, but I quickly found that in surfing for ideas, I was inspired by all the modern arrows and feathers showing up in quilt tops.  Plus you can create them fairly easily with paper piecing, so I spent a couple nights drawing up a pattern.  Now I want to figure out how to create a PDF of it so I can share it on my blog.  I hope to be able to figure that out this month.  But since I don't think learning to create downloadable files is what A Lovely Year of Finishes is about, I think I will be sitting this month out as this is the goal I am hoping to achieve this month. 

Here is my medallion center:


                     I love how the six arrows come together in the center to create a hexagon. 

The medallion center is 16 1/2 inches and the next border is suppose to be 2 1/2 inches wide around it.  The example showed either a plain border around it or a border with cornerstones set in each of the four corners.  I changed mine up a little bit as I want to try to incorporate a heart in the top.  Not knowing what is coming next but hoping I can tweak it to suit my needs here is what I did with my
2 1/2 inch border.


Keep Stitchin' and reaching for remarkable goals...

3 comments:

  1. Ooh I love your center! That looks so good!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! It was fun to create and it will be fun to watch grow each month

      Delete
  2. I really like the way it is coming to-gether x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! It makes my day when you leave a comment. Please feel free to ask a question or drop a note anytime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...