Sunday, May 25, 2014

More progress in May

I've been busy making the most of what seems like a very long month of May to good use catching up on blocks and starting new ones.  I added the Jack in the Beanstalk block to the completed blocks in the Happily Ever After series from Quiet Play's pattern collection I bought a few months back.


Then...
I am finally trying to catch up on the Portland Modern Quilt Guild's 2014 Medallion Along quilt.  I kind of got two months behind --- at least that is what it feels like when I still hadn't gotten last month's addition on and then had this month's to do.  I dragged my feet with last month's because it included a little re-figuring the pattern so I could sneak in the bottom of my heart into the top.  I attacked it today and found it wasn't too bad getting the bottom of the heart done but then the circles were the next challenge.


So far I am really happy with how this is turning out.   As soon as I got the bottom of the heart in place I could see how I could have made the top of the heart bigger.  Indeed, I could have increased the top of the heart but at the time I was making all the X's I just couldn't see it.  Oh well, hindsight is always 20-20.  If I could only find time to learn to use the EQ7 I bought last year maybe I could have colored it in and seen it better.  I tried to color it in on just the printed paper copies of the pattern but just didn't find that process to be effective this time.

The inset circles were a little bit of a pain but I am just happy they are done.  The pattern and instructions to make them can be found here.  I do love how the black of both the thin line and circles help to frame the center of this quilt top.

Keep Stitchin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! It makes my day when you leave a comment. Please feel free to ask a question or drop a note anytime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...