Saturday, April 14, 2012

                                               Why do I procrastinate so???

I can't believe it has taken me so long to finally start Brittney's baby quilt for Madelynn.  The last three weekends I have gone to local quilt show every Saturday and taken lots of pictures of very inspiring quilts and many ideas were added to my bucket list of quilt ideas but now it is time to get to work.  Brittney stopped by my house this last week and her belly was a HUGE reminder of how little time I have left to finish this project and I hadn't even started it yet! One of the biggest reasons other than I haven't been home much lately is my lack of real understanding what I am attempting to do. I am kind of treating this quilt like a giant paper piece project sewing directly onto the backing and batting. Problem is I have no pattern on the back that would normally be my sewing lines when paper piecing so I am free handing it from the front of the quilt.  I started with the giraffe in the middle (only it is a little to the left and a little lower than I would have liked) so right off the bat I will probably be compensating down the road and changing my original design to compensate for that problem.  I am mixing cuddle fabrics and regular cotton fabrics so that to has been challenging.  I love the soft feel of the cuddle fabrics though and look forward to what they offer this quilt. I still want to be able to add an elephant , monkey, zebra and a lion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! It makes my day when you leave a comment. Please feel free to ask a question or drop a note anytime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...