Sunday, March 3, 2013

Owls mug rug

I finished my second mug rug for the mug rug swap that Quilting Gallery is hosting this month.  I was so excited to have a set to keep myself since these were my first ever attempt at mug rugs.  Well let's just say that it is a really good thing that I have a swap partner out there...somewhere over the rainbow...making me a set because my daughter came over this weekend, got one glance at them and quickly claimed them for her new house.  She called them a house warming present...how was I to say no to that.

Here is a picture of what she found irresistible:



I did briefly get to enjoy a cuppa joe with my new rug and then it left all too soon and I will soon be sending the second one along with one of my birdhouse mug rugs to a special someone this month to enjoy.  I hope my partner will love it as much as my daughter does!!!


Busy weekend doing spring cleaning in the sewing room although it doesn't quite look better yet.  For some reason getting organized always means blowing the place up first and right now it looks like an 'A' Bomb went off in my quilt studio.  Hopefully I can get it under control this week.

Keep Stitchin'

4 comments:

  1. Those are just darling!!! I love the owls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out really cute. So sorry that they absconed to another home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute mug rug!! I love the way the owls are looking at each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore these owls! Just delightful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! It makes my day when you leave a comment. Please feel free to ask a question or drop a note anytime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...